Prosciutto Cream Cheese Wrapped Asparagus
Last summer, Brett and I traveled to Italy. The history, the beautiful sites and the food are just among a few of the amazing things we got to experience. The gelato and pizza were by far my favorite dishes, but that's to be expected! However, if you asked me if I could bring one dish back to have here it would be the Foccacia Bread we had in Le Spezia, Italy at the Acronia La Cantina - we ate there both nights!
Quail eggs and very, very thinly sliced prosciutto made for a perfect combination!
Most of you already knew I was obsessed ice cream, but my new found love for eggs on my pizza and prosciutto came from this trip. Recently, I re-discovered prosciutto while at the grocery store picking up some cheese and rosemary crackers. What else goes great with that? Prosciutto! And, this:
But, I bought way too much prosciutto. So, the only option was to find another use for it, that's where the Prosciutto Cream Cheese Wrapped Asparagus comes in. Pair these with a nice steak and you've got yourself a gourmet meal.
While I don't have the recipe for the focaccia bread, I do have the recipe for the asparagus. See below or download the recipe. Save the recipe as an image to your phone for easy access or print it out!
- Thinly Slice Prosciutto
- Cream Cheese (room temp.)
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Cut off dry ends of asparagus. Blanch in boiling water for 1-2 minutes. Immediately shock them in cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Spread a thin layer of cream cheese along each slice of prosciutto.
- Wrap 3 pieces of asparagus in the prosciutto.
- Arrange asparagus on a slightly greased pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Use reduced fat cream cheese to cut calories
- Use room temperature cream cheese for easy spreading. Since the prosciutto is so thin, if your cream cheese is too cold it makes spreading more difficult and it is more likely that your prosciutto will rip!
Comment below if you give this recipe a try! What did you pair it with?