Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets
Recently Brett & I made the decision to go gluten free. I can't say it will be permanent. But, we are currently dedicated to giving it a try.
Going gluten free isn't necessarily healthier than your current diet and in fact you may see no benefits from it which is why I wouldn't recommend it if your only reason is to stay up with the trends. Gluten free products can often be higher in calories mainly in fats and carbohydrates. However, gluten can cause some unwanted stomach issues for some. As a result many feel better when reducing or cutting gluten out of their diet.
Unfortunately, Chick-fil-a isn't gluten free, but the chicken nuggets below are! Check out the recipe and give it a try!
They are easy & quick to make! Not to mention, the cleanup is easy!
Whether you're gluten free or not, you'll love this one. I promise!
- 5 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Dice thawed boneless chicken breasts into bite sized pieces.
3. In large bowl, whisk two eggs together.
4. Place diced chicken in egg wash. Mix with hands to ensure all pieces of chicken get coated.
5. In a large, gallon sized Ziploc bag, add 2 cups of almond flour, 1 tbsp salt, 1 tbsp pepper and 1 tbsp of garlic salt. Shut bag and shake to properly mix the seasonings together.
6. Add egg wash dipped chicken pieces into bag. I use my hand to transfer a few pieces at a time to allow excess egg to drain back into the bowl. Once all the chicken is in the bag. Seal it and shake. Break up pieces if they are stuck and continue to shake until every piece looks coated.
7. Place foil on a cookie sheet for easy clean up. Spray with Pam. Place chicken nuggets on tray.
8. Bake for 25 minutes.