Review: Luv My Skivvies
A few months ago, Sarah, founder of Luv My Skivvies, reached out to me to see if I had any interest in giving her subscription service a try. Of course, I said yes.
The next three months, I received a small envelope in the mail with two styles of skivvies.
What are skivvies? Funny you ask. I wasn’t 100% sure either. Skivvies are underwear.
One pair of skivvies was an athletic fit. The fabric was sweat approved and comfortable enough to wear during most athletic activities. They are designed for women who are active. One pair I received was perfect for sporting under any style of leggings too.
The other type of skivvy I received was a sexier style. This included fun prints and most often lace. Great for date night or under all of my office attire.
All of the skivvies were extremely comfortable to wear, although the fabric of the athletic skivvies were my favorite!
What’s the cost?
Luv My Skivvies costs $18 a month which includes shipping and handling.
How does the cost compare to Victoria’s Secret or Lululemon?
The cost is comparable to Victoria's Secret depending on a few variables; the style and amount you purchase. Also, Victoria’s Secret will often hold sales which allows you to purchase panties at a reduced priced.
However, Lululemon athletic underwear run from $16-18. So with Luv My Skivvies, you get 2 for the price of 1 Lululemon underwear selection.
Pros of the Luv My Skivvies subscription service:
· You can avoid store lines and decision making.
· It's convenient. Two new skivvies arrive each month!
· Choice of thong style or no thongs.
· Fun surprise every month.
· The quality, fit and style was great!
· Allows you to throw out worn or old skivvies in exchange for the new ones you receive each month.
Cons of the Luv My Skivvies subscription service:
· Would be nice to choose to get simply the athletic styles over sexy and vice versa.
· While cost is comparable to some of the Victoria’s Secret line, you can find cheaper panties.. And if you don't like the skivvy you receive, you may or may not be able to exchange it and if you can, exchanging takes time because it occurs via the mail; you can't just walk into a store and swap.
Will I be subscribing to Luv My Skivvies?
The short answer is no. While I loved try Sarah’s new skivvies and I think many will LOVE the service, I am budgeting for a house and wedding currently and cannot justify an additional $18 a month for this. It adds up and I currently can't justify spending for a want, not a need. I even cut out my additional gym membership *crying*
If you have any questions about the subscription service, please feel free to comment below!