Curly Sweet Potato Fries
It's time for another quick and easy recipe: Curly Sweet Potato Fries.
I consider sweet potatoes to be the supreme potato choice. The flavor variations are endless; nutty, sweet or savory. For this week's meal prep, we went with a savory seasoning!
Along with the ingredients below, you will need a baking pan and a spiralizer. The spiralizer I have works wonderfully and it's under $30 on Amazon, check it out:
Spiralizers can be used for so many recipes! It is definitely worth the $30 investment. If you have a KitchenAid mixer, there is also an attachment; prices range from $30-$130.
- 1-2 Large Sweet Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Salt
- Onion Powder
- Cayenne Pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash sweet potatoes and cut off any imperfections, as well as the ends.
- Using your spiralizer, curl your sweet potatoes.
- Place curls on pan and drizzle lightly with olive oil. I prefer to use this oil spritzer to prevent excessive oil which can create soggy fries.
- Toss fries around with your hands to spread the oil.
- Lightly sprinkle garlic salt, salt, onion powder, paprika and cayenne pepper on top. Go light on the cayenne pepper and paprika unless you like fries with a major kick. NOTE: I do not measure out the spices because I never use the exact amount of sweet potato.
- Place in over for 20-30 minutes.
- Enjoy; dip in reduced sugar ketchup!
I will be pairing these with gluten free chicken nuggets + steamed green beans. But, they would go great with lean beef burgers or ground turkey!
While savory curly sweet potato fries are great for meal prep, they could also make for a sweet treat midday when your cravings are high! Comment below if you'd like my dessert curly fries recipe!