Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Bundt Cake
It's been a while since I have blogged. *merp*
I tried doing daily blogs but lost motivation or inspiration. Not quite sure. But, here I am once again to share a new recipe.
Now you all know I love all things banana. Banana bread. Banana cookies. So, when I saw this recipe on the Pioneer Woman's site and coincidentally had ripe bananas sitting on my counter, I knew I had to give it a try.
And, let me tell you it was well worth it.
However, for all my fitness friends, you may want to look away. The macros for one slice of this cake are out of this world. But, if you're trying to build some muscle and want a good treat, then make this, like NOW!
After reading the ingredients for the recipe, I knew I needed to make some subsitutions and additions, both of which I will share below.
Recipe credit the Pioneer Woman
- 2 sticks Butter
- 1-1/2 cup + 2 TBLS Sugar
- 3 whole Eggs
- 3 ripe Bananas
- 4 cups + 2 TBLS Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1-1/2 cup Sour Cream (I used 1 & 1/2 cups Vanilla Greek Yogurt as a substitution)
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon (addition, in my opinion, all banana bread needs Cinnamon)
- 3-4 cups Chocolate Chips (addition because duh - add amount based on preference)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour bundt pan.
- Cream butter (soft) and sugar together. Add eggs one at a time, beating for a few seconds after each addition. Add mashed bananas and beat.
- Add in dry ingredients. Beat well until all combined.
- Pour into bundt pan and bake for 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Let cool for 10-20 minutes.
- Invert on plate or serving platter to remove pan. Let cool a little longer before slicing and serving.