"I'm bananas for you!"
Don't get me wrong, I love oatmeal and egg whites are okay too. But, there is nothing like a warm slice of banana bread in the morning with some butter. Am I right? I am.
That is why I follow flexible dieting. I can eat what I want and still reach my goals. And you know what? You can too!
If I wasn't trying to watch my girlish figure ;) - I would be eating this...
I won't disclose how many calories are in that bread because let me tell you, it's more than 400 calories a slice. But, oh my goodness it is delicious. If you want the recipe, comment below and I will post it!
Most likely though, you are here for the 'macro friendly' banana bread recipe! Although the 'macro friendly' version is missing the chocolate chips and peanut butter drizzle, it still warms my tummy every morning I eat it! Banana bread is a comfort food for me and is perfect for the weeks when I know I am going to be busy and/or stressed in the mornings. Pair it with a warm cup of coffee and you can power through anything a rough Monday morning throws at you!
- 1 & 1/2 cups Protein Packed Kodiak Cakes (Whole Grain Buttermilk)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 ripe bananas
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl add all ingredients. Mix until thoroughly combined.
3. Using 0 calorie cooking spray – lightly grease a bread loaf pan.
4. Pour in batter and place in preheated oven for 55 minutes.
5. Remove and cool on wire rack.
6. Slice and serve.
For 1/10 slices: