Tomorrow is #TacoTuesday - so what better way to celebrate than with Pillsbury Taco Bowls!
What you'll need - Ingredients:
- Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layers Buttermilk Biscuits
- 1-lb Lean Ground Turkey (I used 98% lean, 2% fat)
- 1 Packet Taco Seasoning
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Jalapeno
- Shredded Lettuce
- Reduced Fat Mexican Cheese
What you'll need - Utensils:
- Cupcake Pan
- Cooking Spray
- Cutting Board
Original Recipe from Frugal Coupon Living.
- Pre-heat the over to 350 degrees.
- Flip the cupcake pan over and spray 8 of the cups with cooking spray.
- Flatten the biscuit and form over 8 of the cupcake cups.
- Bake for 16 minutes. They may touch while baking, but they will come apart easily.
- While the biscuits are cooling, heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the ground turkey breast until brown.
- While the meat is cooking, dice 1 tomato, 1 jalapeno and 1/4 green pepper.
- Stir in 3/4 cup water and taco seasoning to skillet.
- Once the water has cooked out, stir in the tomato, jalapeno and green pepper.
- Remove from skillet after an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Fill taco bowls with shredded lettuce, a scoop of the ground turkey breast mixture (roughly 2oz per bowl if you divide evenly, if you want 4oz, you will need 2-lbs of ground turkey breast) and top with cheese if desired. Salsa on the side.
NOTE: Choose any taco toppings you desire! Fit your macros and taste buds!
Macros for one taco bowl - 14 grams of cheese, lettuce, salsa + ground turkey breast & biscuit:
- Calories: 307
- Fat: 10
- Carbs: 31.6
- Protein: 20.2
Comment below if you give this recipe a try!