Recipe from Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 cup white sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter (chunky works great too!)
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 & 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (use the fluff, spoon, sweep method )
2 & 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
2 & 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- In a large mixing bowl cream both sugars, the butter and peanut butter together on medium speed until light and fluffy 3 - 4 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs, vanilla and salt until well combined.
- Mix in the flour, baking soda and corn starch. I recommend adding the flour in increments.
- Stir in your choice of add-ins.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate the dough for 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cover your pans with parchment paper or lightly grease your pans if they are not non-stick.
- Scoop the dough into large or small balls. If large, only place 3 per cookie sheet. If small, place 5-6 per cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 minutes or until the bottoms are very lightly golden brown. Larger cookies may need 1 additional minute but not more.
- Let cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.