It's Monday and y'all know what that means! It's time for another blog about meal prepping.
If you haven't checked out my first blog, click here to learn about saving money & time while meal prepping!
Prepping meals is great, it provides me with a little structure during the weekdays. Sure, it isn't all I eat, but it is a great foundation! Last week I was starting to get a little tired of ground beef and chicken so I knew I had to turn my creativeness up a few notches.
Meal prepping doesn't have to be for those who count calories or macros. You can meal prep simply to eat better to fuel your body properly.
When I created the meals above, I didn't plan them based on calories. However, once I was done prepping, I added the calories up and was surprised to find I wasn't overboard. In fact, I had room for an extra snack!!
While all the meals in this week's meal prep have been nothing short of delicious, I am sharing just the Marinated Grilled Shrimp Tacos with you today! The recipe and nutrition info is below.
Marinated Grilled Shrimp Tacos:
- 1 pound shrimp (peeled) - otherwise peel the shrimp before beginning.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp lime juice
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the wet and dry ingredients for the marinade.
- Toss around the shrimp in the marinade.
- Turn on the grill. Let the shrimp soak in the marinade only while the grill is heating up.
- If you let them soak too long, the lime juice will begin to the cook the shrimp.
- Toss the shrimp on the grill about 2-3 minutes. Flip.
- If you're using tortillas, wrap them in foil and heat them up on the grill. You can also toast them in the oven.
- Remove the shrimp after another 2-3 minutes.
- Create tacos using toppings and shells that fit your macros or suit your taste buds. Tip: for a lower carb taco, I recommend using lettuce wraps.
For the tacos pictured below, I used:
- 3 ounces of cooked shrimp
- 2 Mission Fajita Carb Balance Tortillas
- 1 serving Fresh Express Shredded Lettice
- 14 grams Reduced Fat Mexican Style Shredded Cheese
- 1 ounce Market Pantry Salsa
- 1/2 a container of Wholly 100 Calorie Guacamole - although an entire container is pictured, I only used 1/2 for two whole tacos.
The nutrition for my specific measurements are:
I promise you this meal is easy to make and easily customize-able to your liking! If you give it a try let me know!
Also, comment below if you'd like me share any of the other recipes from above!