Fall has officially arrived, and so has our new puppy, Tucker:
Tucker sleeps at least 75% of the day right now because he's a growing boy and that means mommy has plenty of time to whip up some treats in the kitchen.
Although it's time to retire some of my favorite flavors for the season, i.e. Lemon Poppyseed and welcome flavors like Pumpkin Spice back into my backing routine, one flavor that doesn't go out of season, ever, is banana.
It's easy to turn banana into a warm banana bread for cold evenings or bake light banana bread muffins for col spring mornings.
Personally, banana bread is my all time favorite. But, what's even better are bite sized banana bread cookies. And, let me warn you now, these are addicting. They have a soft texture and just the right hint of banana flavor.
You won't regret giving this recipe a spin, unless your watching your sugar intake ;)
Don't say I didn't warn you! :)
- 3 ripe bananas.
- 1 cup brown sugar.
- 1/4 cup sugar.
- 2 cups flour.
- 1 tsp baking soda.
- 1 tsp salt.
- 1 tbsp cornstarch.
- 2 tsp vanilla extract.
- 1/2 cup unsalted softened butter.
- 2 cups chocolate chips (or more 😉) - 2 cups is typically one bag of chocolate chips.
- Combine all ingredients (except the chocolate chips) in stand mixer.
- Mix on medium until combined. Stop and scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula if necessary.
- Remove bowl from stand mixer and add in chocolate chips.
- Fold in the chocolate chips with spatula.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes (you can leave in overnight).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop 6 balls of dough on a lightly greased or non-stick pan. I use parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Bake at 375 for 9 minutes.
- Repeat until all cookies are baked!
- While cooling, top with extra chocolate chips if desired.
NOTE: When storing, DO NOT place on top of each other. The cookies will stick together, so I place layers of wax paper (foil or parchment paper will also work) in between each level of cookies.
Surprisingly, these cookies are only 153 calories!
So all of my macro tracking friends reading this recipe can join the cookie party, too!
Let me know if you give this recipe a try!